Saturday, June 10, 2006

Courage

If we had to say what writing is, we would define it essentially as an act of courage.
--Cynthia Ozick

This has been an amazing and nervewracking week. As you may know, Office Relations is my first book. It's been exciting to know that it would finally be for sale, but since I've never gone through a book release before, I wasn't sure what to expect. It turns out that I've written maybe 1,000 words all week, which is not a typical number for me.

As for what I've been doing instead: worrying and promoting. I'm much too good at worrying, not as good at promoting. Not self-promoting, anyway. I wonder how common this is for writers. In any case, it will be interesting to see if I go through this process with each release. I hope I can stick with promoting and leave the worrying undone.

The good news is that today I woke up with a desire to write. My courage has returned. :) So I'll be back at it, once I figure out which story to work on.

Labels: ,




Name: Lia
View My Complete Profile

To get news about my upcoming books, sign up for my newsletter by entering your e-mail address below. Your address will never be given or sold to anyone else. This is an announcement-only newsletter; you will not be deluged with e-mail messages. I will only send messages about my books or contests.

Sign Up Now for Lia's Newsletter Email:  









Visit my new website at http://www.liasebastian.com!











Ann Cory
Cora Zane
Crystal Jordan
Deanna Lee
Demented Delusions
Diana Castilleja
Eden Bradley
Ember Case
Jana J. Hanson
Jorrie Spencer
The Journey
L. Shannon
Lisa Pulliam
Loribelle Hunt
Lucie Simone
Lyric James
Marjorie M. Liu
Mia Romano
Michelle Rowen
Midnight Moon Cafe
The Novelty Girls
Pencil Goddess
The Pleasures of Reading and Writing
Romancing the Blog
Sable Grey
Sara Dennis
Shelli Stevens
Stella and Audra Price
Sylvia Day
T. Sue Versteeg
Tawny Taylor
Vivienne King




Chatting
Office Relations Available Now!
Interviewing Peter
Office Relations Excerpt
Three Days and Counting
What the Hell Is Up with That?
Five Questions
Finaling and Other Stuff
Slow Learner
Countdown: 14 Days






Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker