Monday, March 27, 2006

Lessons

I just finished Between Floors and have sent it to a test reader and an editor I found through Romance Divas who also has an editing/critiquing service. I've heard good things about this editor, so I decided to try her critiquing service. I've heard from several people that it's good to have critique partners or critique groups, but my schedule is so hectic that I don't feel I could do someone else's work justice. However, like every writer, I can use an editor. So I'm looking forward to seeing how this works.

I can't tell you how glad I am to have finished Between Floors. I've lost objectivity on this story and learned a very important lesson--there's a reason I usually go back and forth between stories. When I don't, I get way too bogged down in the one story. Alternating works much better for me; when I get tired of one, I move on to the next.

This basically solves my question of what to work on next. I'll work on The House Party for a while, then start Tavia's story, and keep going back and forth. This process works much, much better for me.



Name: Lia
View My Complete Profile

To get news about my upcoming books, sign up for my newsletter by entering your e-mail address below. Your address will never be given or sold to anyone else. This is an announcement-only newsletter; you will not be deluged with e-mail messages. I will only send messages about my books or contests.

Sign Up Now for Lia's Newsletter Email:  









Visit my new website at http://www.liasebastian.com!











Ann Cory
Cora Zane
Crystal Jordan
Deanna Lee
Demented Delusions
Diana Castilleja
Eden Bradley
Ember Case
Jana J. Hanson
Jorrie Spencer
The Journey
L. Shannon
Lisa Pulliam
Loribelle Hunt
Lucie Simone
Lyric James
Marjorie M. Liu
Mia Romano
Michelle Rowen
Midnight Moon Cafe
The Novelty Girls
Pencil Goddess
The Pleasures of Reading and Writing
Romancing the Blog
Sable Grey
Sara Dennis
Shelli Stevens
Stella and Audra Price
Sylvia Day
T. Sue Versteeg
Tawny Taylor
Vivienne King




Closing In
Which Came First . . .
Office Relations Cover
Moments
Writing Meme
Back to Writing
No Consolation Prize Required
If at First . . .
Online
Moving On






Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker