Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Still Writing

I didn't get as much done tonight on The Seventh Sense as I'd hoped. The good news there is that I can put off more plotting for another day or two. And it's not like I've come to a standstill. I'm still plugging away at it. The story is in first person, and I've reached a point where I'm not sure how I feel about that. Luke's point of view is lost this way, although I'm trying to show readers who he is through his actions and words.

I'm also a quarter-way through the story and they haven't kissed yet. It feels right for this story--they've seen each other twice, so it doesn't seem appropriate to have them kiss at this point. In addition, I shouldn't compare it to a Tryst-length story, which involves fewer words and therefore offers less time to develop the story. Also (don't hold me to this), this story may end up being closer to 40,000 than 30,000 words, and that gives me even more room to work with.

At the moment, I have one or two ideas about increasing the sexual tension, and I hope more ideas will follow.

I spent a lot of time tonight revising two pages of In Her Eyes. Yes, I did say two pages. I wrote this story for National Novel Writing Month last year, and so I (a) was writing quickly, and (b) have learned a lot about writing since then. I don't think I'll have any problem expanding it to 90,000 words.



Name: Lia
View My Complete Profile

To get news about my upcoming books, sign up for my newsletter by entering your e-mail address below. Your address will never be given or sold to anyone else. This is an announcement-only newsletter; you will not be deluged with e-mail messages. I will only send messages about my books or contests.

Sign Up Now for Lia's Newsletter Email:  









Visit my new website at http://www.liasebastian.com!











Ann Cory
Cora Zane
Crystal Jordan
Deanna Lee
Demented Delusions
Diana Castilleja
Eden Bradley
Ember Case
Jana J. Hanson
Jorrie Spencer
The Journey
L. Shannon
Lisa Pulliam
Loribelle Hunt
Lucie Simone
Lyric James
Marjorie M. Liu
Mia Romano
Michelle Rowen
Midnight Moon Cafe
The Novelty Girls
Pencil Goddess
The Pleasures of Reading and Writing
Romancing the Blog
Sable Grey
Sara Dennis
Shelli Stevens
Stella and Audra Price
Sylvia Day
T. Sue Versteeg
Tawny Taylor
Vivienne King




When Inspiration Strikes
I Like It
The Seventh Sense
Office Relations Release Date
Second Sale
It's All about Cobblestone
Lessons
Closing In
Which Came First . . .
Office Relations Cover






Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker