Saturday, February 18, 2006

Computer Scare

I had a bit of a scare today when my laptop slowed down considerably and had trouble opening any programs. Yikes! I ran my antivirus program, which showed nothing wrong, so I ran a clean-up program and took out a disk I burned a while ago. Once I removed the disk, everything appeared to go back to normal.

I'm very relieved, although I've also burned several new disks so I won't lose my writing or my e-books. I've already been in the habit of e-mailing my writing to a specific e-mail when I finish for the day, so I always have the latest draft, but I don't want to lose character sketches, etc. All I can say is back up your stuff if you don't do it already. You definitely don't want to experience the moment of panic I felt this afternoon.

I'm working on a new story, and I'm enjoying the feeling of getting back into writing. I'm still figuring out the hero's conflict, but I'm pleased with the beginning of the story.

In reading news, I've discovered e-book author Shelby Reed, and she's exceptionally talented. I'm so impressed by the characters she creates--they live in your mind long after you finish reading. If you haven't tried any of her books, I encourage you to do so. I've read Midnight Rose and A Fine Work of Art, and I look forward to reading the rest of her books.



Name: Lia
View My Complete Profile

To get news about my upcoming books, sign up for my newsletter by entering your e-mail address below. Your address will never be given or sold to anyone else. This is an announcement-only newsletter; you will not be deluged with e-mail messages. I will only send messages about my books or contests.

Sign Up Now for Lia's Newsletter Email:  









Visit my new website at http://www.liasebastian.com!











Ann Cory
Cora Zane
Crystal Jordan
Deanna Lee
Demented Delusions
Diana Castilleja
Eden Bradley
Ember Case
Jana J. Hanson
Jorrie Spencer
The Journey
L. Shannon
Lisa Pulliam
Loribelle Hunt
Lucie Simone
Lyric James
Marjorie M. Liu
Mia Romano
Michelle Rowen
Midnight Moon Cafe
The Novelty Girls
Pencil Goddess
The Pleasures of Reading and Writing
Romancing the Blog
Sable Grey
Sara Dennis
Shelli Stevens
Stella and Audra Price
Sylvia Day
T. Sue Versteeg
Tawny Taylor
Vivienne King




Keep Writing
Writing Anything
Funk
Heart of the West Conference Day 2
2006 Heart of the West Writers Conference
Preparation
Don't Forget to Breathe
Finding Your Voice
Miscellany
Feedback






Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker