Saturday, January 28, 2006

Finding Your Voice

I don't think it is possible to give tips for finding one's voice; it's one of those things for which there aren't really any tricks or shortcuts, or even any advice that necessarily translates from writer to writer. All I can tell you is to write as much as possible.
--Poppy Z. Brite

I was talking with my coworker this week about finding your voice. She has been in several writer's groups, and mentioned that one of the writers told her that it took her years to find her voice. My coworker says she doesn't think she has found her voice, and she has also been writing for years.

Is it weird to think I've found my voice? I have a lot to learn as a writer, but finding my voice isn't one of those things.

On the other hand, I could use some help with detail . . .

In other news, I've set up a newsletter sign-up box (see sidebar). I'm sincere about not buring you under e-mail. You'll get an e-mail message when I have book news or a contest running. I hope you'll sign up!



Name: Lia
View My Complete Profile

To get news about my upcoming books, sign up for my newsletter by entering your e-mail address below. Your address will never be given or sold to anyone else. This is an announcement-only newsletter; you will not be deluged with e-mail messages. I will only send messages about my books or contests.

Sign Up Now for Lia's Newsletter Email:  









Visit my new website at http://www.liasebastian.com!











Ann Cory
Cora Zane
Crystal Jordan
Deanna Lee
Demented Delusions
Diana Castilleja
Eden Bradley
Ember Case
Jana J. Hanson
Jorrie Spencer
The Journey
L. Shannon
Lisa Pulliam
Loribelle Hunt
Lucie Simone
Lyric James
Marjorie M. Liu
Mia Romano
Michelle Rowen
Midnight Moon Cafe
The Novelty Girls
Pencil Goddess
The Pleasures of Reading and Writing
Romancing the Blog
Sable Grey
Sara Dennis
Shelli Stevens
Stella and Audra Price
Sylvia Day
T. Sue Versteeg
Tawny Taylor
Vivienne King




Miscellany
Feedback
Seen and Heard
Out for Review
Contest Preparation
58,143 and Counting
Progress
Ben, How I Wish I Knew You
Entered
Happy New Year!






Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker