Saturday, January 21, 2006

Contest Preparation

Revision plays a very large role in writing. Sometimes it seems to be all revision. And the longer I write, the more I revise--and it's never completely right.
--Ellen Hunnicutt

I'm still revising In Her Eyes, and I'm finding that the revision seems to spawn more revision. This week, I printed and read the entire story. It was very helpful to me to do it that way; I found that it was better than I expected, but there are still several spots that need a lot of work. The scene where the hero and heroine meet, for example, needs to be stronger, so I'm revising that right now.

I'm still planning to send the first three chapters to the Barclay Sterling Contest, so I need to get them revised and ready to go in the next two months.

I'm also considering having a website created. I've found this company, Writer Web Designs, and they are offering a great deal on websites now. I just have to make a decision by January 31 to take advantage of this particular offer. My only hesitation is the fact that I'm not published yet. So I'm still considering, but I'll keep you posted.



Name: Lia
View My Complete Profile

To get news about my upcoming books, sign up for my newsletter by entering your e-mail address below. Your address will never be given or sold to anyone else. This is an announcement-only newsletter; you will not be deluged with e-mail messages. I will only send messages about my books or contests.

Sign Up Now for Lia's Newsletter Email:  









Visit my new website at http://www.liasebastian.com!











Ann Cory
Cora Zane
Crystal Jordan
Deanna Lee
Demented Delusions
Diana Castilleja
Eden Bradley
Ember Case
Jana J. Hanson
Jorrie Spencer
The Journey
L. Shannon
Lisa Pulliam
Loribelle Hunt
Lucie Simone
Lyric James
Marjorie M. Liu
Mia Romano
Michelle Rowen
Midnight Moon Cafe
The Novelty Girls
Pencil Goddess
The Pleasures of Reading and Writing
Romancing the Blog
Sable Grey
Sara Dennis
Shelli Stevens
Stella and Audra Price
Sylvia Day
T. Sue Versteeg
Tawny Taylor
Vivienne King




58,143 and Counting
Progress
Ben, How I Wish I Knew You
Entered
Happy New Year!
Conflict
Another Round
Good Things
Waiting
A New Start






Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker