Sunday, January 15, 2006

58,143 and Counting

To be a writer is to throw away a great deal, not to be satisfied, to type again, and then again and once more, and over and over.
--John Hersey

I'm back to In Her Eyes. How is it I wrote 50,000 words in November but am only at 58,000 words now? It's true that I needed a break from the story, so that's part of it. Now I'm eager to revise and send it to a few readers for advice. When I first started revising, it was quite a chore. It's still challenging, but I'm more invigorated by the process. I will enjoy that while it lasts and keep going. I'm filling in some of the early sections of the story right now, and will keep moving forward.

I've been reading Scene and Structure by Jack M. Bickham. It's been interesting so far. Some of the suggestions I have been doing instinctively, probably because of the amount of reading I do. Other advice should be helpful in future.



Name: Lia
View My Complete Profile

To get news about my upcoming books, sign up for my newsletter by entering your e-mail address below. Your address will never be given or sold to anyone else. This is an announcement-only newsletter; you will not be deluged with e-mail messages. I will only send messages about my books or contests.

Sign Up Now for Lia's Newsletter Email:  









Visit my new website at http://www.liasebastian.com!











Ann Cory
Cora Zane
Crystal Jordan
Deanna Lee
Demented Delusions
Diana Castilleja
Eden Bradley
Ember Case
Jana J. Hanson
Jorrie Spencer
The Journey
L. Shannon
Lisa Pulliam
Loribelle Hunt
Lucie Simone
Lyric James
Marjorie M. Liu
Mia Romano
Michelle Rowen
Midnight Moon Cafe
The Novelty Girls
Pencil Goddess
The Pleasures of Reading and Writing
Romancing the Blog
Sable Grey
Sara Dennis
Shelli Stevens
Stella and Audra Price
Sylvia Day
T. Sue Versteeg
Tawny Taylor
Vivienne King




Progress
Ben, How I Wish I Knew You
Entered
Happy New Year!
Conflict
Another Round
Good Things
Waiting
A New Start
World of Revisions






Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker